A will is something most of us need but lots of us put off! Having an Up to date will provides peace of mind that you have done all you can to put your affairs in order. You have the opportunity to ensure your hard earned money and assets go where you want them to. Your Will becomes more pressing in the following situations:
- If you are self employed or a business owner because you may worry who will run your business if you pass away. There is no automatic right for someone to carry on your business. Sometimes a major asset runs down very quickly. Businesses can be a useful tool in estate planning because of generous reliefs currently available for inheritance tax purposes. The passing of your unique business needs some thought.
- Maybe you have remarried.
- Perhaps you have step children or a blended family
- In later life. You may worry about providing for younger relatives.
- Do you have assets which take you over the Inheritance Tax Threshold?
- Or you cohabit but are not married or in a civil partnership.
- If you own a home abroad and the laws of that country may apply which can be different to those in the UK.
- Your situation may be changing and you are DIVORCING, SEPARATING, MARRYING, REMARRYING.